Thursday, September 7, 2006

BEARS!


Hi all,
The past couple weeks at the lookout I haven’t tracked many condors in the area. I think I could count the number of signals I picked up on one hand. Although there were few condors in the area the past couple weeks, there were other guests of the lookout- furry ones. I finally saw some bears, two to be exact. They were scampering along Hi Mtn Road between the campground and the lookout, and of course I “heard” the bears later that night just outside the lookout! They were
magnificent creatures, but it was sad to see that they were probably attracted to the area by leftover trash from visitors at the campground below the lookout.
The next time any of you are up at the lookout keep an eye out for the bears near the campgrounds.
Stuart Vik
Share: